Saturday 15 March 2014

TCS Interview Experience – NIT Durgapur 2014

Saturday, March 15, 2014


This interview experience is shared by an IT Student of NIT Durgapur. (On-campus recruitment 2014 batch).

TCS visited NIT Durgapur on 19 September, 2013. As it was the first mass recruiter company to visit our college, so maximum number of student sat for this placement. It was approx. 850 students, including PG students.

In NIT Durgapur, each student can get maximum of two jobs, one from mass recruiter company and other from Non-mass recruiter company. TCS, IBM, Capgemini, Infosys was supposed to visit NIT Durgapur as mass recruiter company but afterward, Infosys was canceled as TCS visited in first slot.


Now, let’s come to my interview experience.

The TCS recruitment process started with a PPT at 9 A.M. Only few students got to watch the PPT as the assembly hall was not that big to accommodate all the students. I enjoyed watching the animation in the PPT more that the content of the PPT. It was a lengthy video and I was saying myself that “why I am here “.
After waiting for sometime, my turn to give the Online Aptitude Test came. The English part was easy, and in aptitude part 60% percent of the questions are of medium difficulty level.  In my aptitude part, most of the questions are from permutation, combination and probability. I discussed few difficult questions with my friends who sat beside me and found that we are getting maximum same questions, but in different order and options are also changed. I calculated that I attended 25 questions without a single guess. After giving the exam, I was still not 100% sure that I will be selected or not for the next round. The feeling of getting rejected was there as I was rejected in few non-mass recruiter companies that visited NIT Durgapur before TCS. We waited for approx. 20 minutes after which the result got declared.  The name was declared department wise.  When I got to hear  my name, seriously I can’t express my feelings. At last, the  rejection sequence from aptitude round got over. Now, we have to face the interview round in same day. 

Let’s come to the details conversation in the Interview Round.

Again after waiting for a while, my turn for the interview at last came. When my name was called for the interview, my tension started till I control to some extend and entered the room. It was a panel of three people. I was expecting only two people as few friends who attended interview before  me told that. 
 I will try to give you the exact conversation that took place to the extends I remembered. To make it easy to explain,  let’s give three interviews a name  as Tech 1 (Technical interviewer 1) , Tech 2 and the other the HR  (the third person was an HR, and I get to know that during my Interview ). My technical and HR interview was combined. So, let’s start.

Me- Good evening sir to three interviewers.

Tech 1- Sit down.

Tech 2- Ok , So Introduce yourself.

Me- I did not prepare the answer of this question. So, I started in my style. Mainly, the points that are coming to my mind, I am just going on saying that. The introduction part was ok as I had answered this question many times when I was in first year. When I was giving my introduction, the HR was less interested in what I am saying. He was busy with his laptop. The tech 1 and tech 2 interviewers are quite interestingly hearing what I am saying. My intro was lengthily as I didn't prepare beforehand. You  try to prepare beforehand, it will be seriously helpful during the interview.

Tech 1- What project you have done ?

Me- answered

Tech 1- Explain it ,  on which part you have worked on your project ?

Me- It was a long description about project. In between few technical questions related to project was asked by Tech 2 interviewer.

Tech 1 - What is your favorite language ?

Me- C++

Tech 1- What is Inheritance?

Me- answered

Tech 1- type of inheritance?

Me: answered.

Tech 2- handed me a paper and said to explain it ?

Me: drawn the diagram.

Tech 1- are u sure that what you explained is correct ?

Me- I started rechecking my diagram. I did not found any error. Yes Sir, they are correct.

Tech 2-  Collected the paper from me.

Till now HR was busy with his laptop. Suddenly he told me from where you have done your internship?

Me- answered.

HR - started to search the company name in the internet from where I have done the internship?

HR - So, explain how’s the experience during your internship ?

Me- I explain little about what I did there, the new  thing I get to know .

HR- Did you attended PPT session in the morning ?

Me-Yes. I was thinking that please don’t ask any question from ppt I will not be able to answer.

HR- Did you know about the bond ? are u ok with it ?

Me- Yes sir, Its fine.

HR- told to tech 1 and tech 2 that if you have any questions you can ask .

Tech 1- No

Tech 2- No. 

HR - any question ?

Me- the duration of ILP ?

HR- answered .

HR- ok, then u may leave now.

 Me- Thank You Sir.
 

I was sure that I will be  selected as my interview gone smoothly.

Next day at 9:30 P.M the result got declared. I got selected. Total 196 got selected out of approx. 250 that cleared aptitude round.


Any advice for our readers 

1. Go through your Project thoroughly, they will tell  to explain it.
2. Choose your favorite subject , and try to cover most part of it .
3. Don't have to go into detailed study about other subjects. They only ask basic questions.
4. Be confident in what you say.

Soon we are coming up with huge collection of latest Placement papers and Interview Experience. Like us on Facebook to get the updates.

Like & Share

Written by Interview Time Group

We provide latest placement papers, tricks to crack interview and Study materials. We are trying to create All-in-One placement hub all you need to access to catch up a job.

Google
Facebook
Disqus

comments powered by Disqus

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2014 Interview Time. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism. Powered by Blogger

Back To Top